DIY: Nordic Patterned Box

Hello everyone!
So last Christmas, I decorated some mugs for three of my friends and I LOVED doing it.


I really liked making the nordic pattern one (the one on the far left), and if you know me, I am OBSESSED with Nordic patterns.
I don't know why. They are like pretty but not pretty... LOL;

So anyways, I had this box from this english project I had to do.
It just sat on my desk holding my loose change and such.
It's like my piggy bank I guess.
I really got tired of the dull and boring box so I decided to personalized it.
I wish I took a picture of how dull it looked ):
But it was one of the cheap wooden boxes you find at your local craft store for like $5


So first I just painted the whole box white with acrylic paint.
I had to do a few layers because I had written all over it.


Now that it's all nicely coated in white, it gives me a clean base to do my design


Now here you can see that i just used the same pattern I did on my mug ( I know I'm not the most creative person).
I didn't use acrylic paint here though.
Because I had porcelain paint left from painting the mugs, I just used that.
In case you are wondering, I used the OUTLINE paint, not just the.. paint paint.
You'll know what I mean if you go to your craft store or google it.
What this does is give it a texture of puffy paint.
I recommend using puffy paint... but I just used what I had around the house.


Continuing with my box, I added a moose thing on the top!
I'm just finishing up my boarders and....


TADAAaa
all done and I'm super happy with the results.
My boyfriend says that it matches my tights

Haha I guess it does :P
Now I can store my money in stylleee... I guess haha!
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.