Makeup review: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner

Hello everyone, I will be reviewing my gel eyeliner that I got on Christmas!


It's an award winning eyeliner, and I'm going to go over two colors:


Black Ink and Graphite Shimmer Ink.

Lets start with what the website claims:
This award-winning liner gives you the look of liquid liner with the ease & feel of a gel formula. Long-wearing, water-resistant color glides on & let's you get it just right before it dries - then stays without a smear or crease. Awarded 'Best of Beauty' by 'Allure' Magazine (2011). Awarded best liquid liner by 'The Knot'Magazine(2010).



The top picture is without flash, and the bottom with flash.
The color on top is the shimmer Ink.
It goes on really well and thick! As you can see, the shimmer ink is a little more on its grey side.



After it dried, I went ahead and smudged the crap out of it.
This was after really hard rubbing because it wouldn't budge.
If it was on your eye, I think It'll stay with minimal smudging if you do not have oily monolids like I do.

I did do a test on how water resistant it was, and I am sad to say that it was not water resistant at all.

Did it live up to what it is suppose to do?:
It does look like liquid eyeliner, especially the black ink one. Very nice and black and goes on nicely. It does however, smudges and creases. It is also not water resistant and not long wearing.

Pros:
Goes on nicely without tugging your eyelid. The Black Ink is a very nice black color. It can be easily removed with warm water and your daily facial cleanser. Also, I love Bobbi Brown's packaging. It's so nice and simple ・ω・ )

Cons:
It smudges like crazy if you have oily lids. On top of oily lids, if you have monolids, it will not last all day because of the constant rubbing of your eyelids. I can't put it on my waterline either. It "melts" and smudges down to your eyebags >.>; Not only that, it isn't build able once it is dry so you have to work really fast!

Price:
For one of them, a .1oz/3g, it is $22

Would I buy it again?:Probably not, considering how much it smudges on oily lids.

Recommendations:Definitely not for oily monolids!
The woman who gifted me this also uses this liner. She doesn't have oily lids and a nice double eyelid and for her, it lasts all day long.
So for those who doesn't have oily lids and have double eyelids, give it a try. (・ )


I hope you found this review helpful!

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.