Circle Lens Review: NEO Glamour Brown from EyeCandy


Hello everyone! It's the long waited circle lens review that I promised!
This is my first circle lens ever so bear with me.

As you can tell from the title, I bought NEO Glamour Brown from EyeCandy.
This will be a circle lens review and the company review.

Lets start with the shipping and such.

I placed my order on 2/19 and the website says 1-2 business days of processing.
Now 19th was a Sunday so I expected to wait a bit longer.
They shipped 5 days later.
Now, I didn't mind waiting and this is probably because my lens were prescription so I'll give them the benefit of doubt.
Once shipped, It arrived on 3/2 on Friday but I wasn't there to pick it up so I got it following Monday.
So in total, it took me about 2 weeks to get my order. 


In my opinion, not bad because I have waited longer for a package to come.
And it did say on the shipping that it'll take about 10-17 days to get here for international orders.

Now the package!




Nothing fancy.
A brown envelope thing with bubble wrap on the inside.
It came with what I ordered (circle lens and the rilakkuma lens case) along withe a circle lens usage guide and a free lens case.

The circle lens usage guide can be downloaded from the website too I believe and I think it's very nice and informative for first users like me!

Now these are the pictures they have up on EyeCandy on the Glamour Brown lens




I think it's a very pretty caramel brown! Don't you think so?
Here is the in dept information they have on the site: 
Brand: NEO
Origin: South Korea
Water content: 45%
Diameter: 14.2 mm
Base Curve: 8.6
Power: plano, -0.50, -1.00 to -5.00 (0.25 step), -5.50 to -9.50 (0.50 step)
Duration: 1 year disposable
There are several reasons why I bought this.
Well first, I didn't want anything dramatic as my first lens and the water content.
I didn't want to strain my eyes so much either so I went with a higher water content which in result made the lens very flexible (I'm super careful with these because I'm afraid they'll break!)



Color wise, I think they weren't false advertised which is good!



This is how it looks on my eyes in natural lighting.
They are really noticeable in nice lighting, otherwise, you can't really tell which I don't mind at all!
Like I said, I didn't want anything dramatic and wanted something a little more subtle.

Now on to the enlargement test!


This is without the lens


And this is just the lens in my right eye.

As you can see, there is a difference but not that big of a difference.
My friend Christine told me she didn't really see the big difference either.
I think if I got a 14.5 mm one, the difference would show better.

Overall...

Comfort:              

The thing I was worried about most was comfort. When I put it on, I can feel it there but it's not bothering me. The thing is though, they tend to move around my eyes a bit if my eyes get a little dry so I have to blink like crazy for 5 seconds to get it back to focus. Maybe it's the water content? I'm not sure. And since this IS my first pair, I am a little paranoid on all levels. Hopefully I get used to these. 

Color and Design:              


 When I saw in the pictures on the website, I expected it to be a lighter brown. It ended up looking a little darker which I do not mind at all. But because this is still so much brighter than I thought, It kinda makes me look foreign and not as natural as I wanted it to be. This is only when I'm in natural bright lighting though. Otherwise you can't really tell.

Enlargement:            
Now to be fair, I didn't expect these to enlarge my eyes that much because it is only 14.2 mm. Normal contact lenses are 14mm. So this means it should only be enlarging my eyes about .2mm. Not much of an enlargement and I don't mind. I'll probably try for a 14.5mm next time. 

Overall:              

I think I'm being a little harsh on the review? Idk. Anyways, I do like the color and I do enjoy wearing it. I do not like the fact that it moves around a lot but that is about it. I do think it does make my eyes a bit bigger  but the color isn't as subtle as I thought it would be. 

Well, thanks for reading guys, I know this was a pretty long post.
What do you think of my new lens? I know there arn't really pretty and nice pictures to give me your opinion.. but....
Anyways! Until next time my lovely readers! 
Ciao!
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.