Makeup review: Maybelline The Falsies Volum'Express Flared in Waterproof


Hello my lovely readers!
How have you guys been?
As you can tell by the title, I will be reviewing Maybelline's The Falsies Mascara

If you guys have been reading my reviews, You know its really long and detailed.
If you guys want to skip all that, don't be afraid to scroll down until it says "overall"
I give my quick summary on the products with pros and cons and etc.

Before we begin, I wanted to point out, there so many different versions of this thing!
If you go on their website, there are 6 different ones all in the same purple tube with a few tweaks.


So if you guys are doing your research, make sure you pick the right one!
Now on to the product!


Now, I always start off with what the company has to say:
FALSE LASH GLAM IN A TUBE - NOW GOES FLARED! 
300% MORE VISIBLE LASHES. Winged out & over the top, instantly!   
PRO-KERATIN FORMULA + SPOON CURLER BRUSH
WATERPROOF
WHY YOU'LL LOVE ITFalse lash glam with a flare, instantly!  • Patented Spoon Curler Brush fans out lashes from corner-to-corner, while our Pro-Keratin formula instantly builds volume without clumping.• Unique flexible wand lifts and separates lashes to provide the look of 300% more visible, lashes.• Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist-tested.
• Waterproof formula.  
Before we go on, I wasn't sure what the "pro-keratin" meant, So I did do a little research. If you do not want to know about it, just keep scrolling!
Anyways, I looked this up and apparently, Keratin is a protein and according to wiki:
Keratin is the key of structural material making up the outer layer of human skin. It is also the key structural component of hair and nails
And also according to this site:
The keratin proteins can be thought of almost as a natural plastic: sometimes hard, sometimes flexible but always protective.
So, I guess "pro-keratin" means in favor of this protein, which means... I guess there arn't chemicals in this products that would be damaging to our natural protective protein on our eyelashes?
I'm not too sure.. if you guys know, please let me know!



Whew! this is already getting really long >3<;;;
Anyways,
I bought this mascara a few weeks ago and have been using it ever since.
As you can see, it has a nice fat curved brush.


In this picture from the top goes like this: Bare eyes, cured lashes, Mascara on lower and upper lashes
(p.s. I'm wearing my NEO Glamour Brown circle lens which you can find the review to here)



Wahh~ my lashes are so long and full *w*


Quick before and after picture. On my left eye, I have already put mascara on in both pictures. 
On my right eye, I didn't do anything in the top picture, and put mascara on in the second picture.

Overall:             
I love this mascara! The first say I used it, I fell in love with it. When it says waterproof, it is not kidding! It has a drier formula so for me, it doesn't get under my eyes making me look like a racoon - definitely no smudging


Did it live up to what it is suppose to do?:
Waterproof?: +
300% more visible lashes?: ? ಠ - ಠ;; How are you suppose to measure that? But it did give me more visible lashes.
Volume?: I think more length then volume? I think volume because it is a black mascara so it does make your lashes look full. This mascara didn't do anything amazing with volume.
No clumping?: ✘ it does clump, and I think the clumping give it a more falsies look so I don't really mind it.
Separates lashes?: ✘ Well if it clumps, It wouldn't separate.

PROS:
It doesn't smudge, stubbornly waterproof, dry formula, long, full lashes, and my favorite: It holds up my stubborn monolid lashes! I mean it doesn't stay up as much as when I first curled them but, at the end of the day, I can still see my lashes standing and that is good enough for me!

CONS:
I don't think I have anything against this mascara... ohohoho~

Would I buy it again?/Price:
Most definitely! It was only about $8.00

Recommendations:
Give it a try! especially if you are a monolid like me.
My friend Ava who is lucky to have nice double lids uses this and doesn't really like it. She stopped me from buying it a while back saying it was flaky and clumpy. 
I haven't experienced the flakiness and could have probably been one of the other falsies brand.
Everything depends on what your preference is I guess. 

Thanks for reading my lovely readers!
Until the next post,
Ciao!


Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.