Makeup Review: Wet & Wild Color Icon Blusher (833E)


Happy Friday!
Excuse my awkward face as I try to model the product. As you can tell by the title, I'm going to be reviewing another Wet & Wild product! This time a blusher in 833E.

Overall: ★ ★   

So, this was my first blusher and it was really hard to figure out what color will suit me naturally. I usually don't wear blusher because I already have this reddish tint on my cheeks that once my BB cream sets a little, it shows as through like I am wearing a blush. I bought this because I did want to try that higher blush look I have been seeing on tumblr. I think it's like a harajuku look I'm not too sure. But anyways, this blusher is pretty good! It looks super pigmented but it's really sheer when you blend it out. You can always add more for a more dramatic look. I like to use this more as eye shadow then blush honestly. The bad thing about this is that it's suppose to be long lasting but I saw it wear off throughout the day, even used as a shadow (with primer!). And if you see the product, it get really like "dusty" which can be very messy and a pain to clean. As for the brush that comes with it, I don't like it. I can't get to apply the blush evenly with it.




See how like powdery it got? This is after just a couple of uses


Above are swatches applied once with a finger and once with the blush that came with the product

What the company claims (found here):
Sweep on this silky-smooth blush that strikes the perfect balance between a blendable transparent sheen and a radiant pop of maximum color. A special blend of treated nylon powders provides long-lasting color. Dermatologist-tested. 
 Did it live up to what it is suppose to do?

  • Silky-smooth blush: ✔+ I got to say, this is really smooth. It goes on well and it gets picked up by my blush brush (not the brush that came with it) very well.
  • Blendable: ✔+ This product is very easily blendable! When I first put it on I was like "omg its way too pigmented!!" And when I blended it out, it was this nice sheer pinkish redish color that, surprisingly, looked pretty good on me. You can of course layer it for more of a dramatic look.
  • Long-lasting color: ✔- It lasts throughout the day, but not as the same color. By the end of the day, the blush is even more sheer than what I have started out with. The color fades but not completely so a check minus

PROS:
  • Very blendable
  • Very pigmented! I love using this as a shadow with a eyeshadow sponge
  • Cheap and compact

CONS:
  • It gets very powdery after a couple of uses. A pain in the butt to clean.
  • I can't seem to apply the blush evenly with the brush that came with it. I don't know if this is my fault or the brush. The brush itself feels pretty soft

Would I repurchase?

For a pretty good blush I got for $2.99 at Walgreens, why not. I do want to try other blushes first though, but I think this was a good starter blush for me.


Recommendations:

Use your own blush brush! It will save you time from experimenting with the brush that came with it. Once you have the product on the brush, tap the excess (of course) and don't be alarmed by the pigmented look when you first swipe it on. Blend blend blend blend! Also, try to use it as an eye shadow with an eyeshadow sponge. The color is gorgeous on the eyes and you can make that harakuju look very easily with it.


Look guys! It's my baby Ginger! 
Was it weird reading my blog post without the cute little emoticons I usually throw in there? It's easy on my eyes to have that break inbetween what I'm reading but I got lazy today~ If you guys like it more if the emoticons let me know! I know it's easy on my eyes and if it is easy on yours and helps you read through my long and detailed reviews, I'll take the extra 5 minutes to throw those in there.
Anyways, I didn't have good quality pictures with my bunny so here is a little spam!




I love her so muchhhhhh she is so cute!!! And fat and fluffy oh my goodness lol.
Do you guys have pets? I love animals but who doesn't?
Anyways, thank you guys for reading! I hope this helped! Until next friday
Love,
Rose

Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.