Makeup Review: Wet & Wild Silk Finish Lipstick in Cherry Frost (514A)


Hello lovelies! 
Once again happy Friday! I got a haircut recently.... I was getting really tired of my hair so I chopped it off. Another step away from my goal of having long hair!! Wow... I can't believe it's already the middle of August. Everyone is going back to school and everything. Anyways, today I'm going to review Wet & Wild's Lipstick

Overall: ★ ★   

Now this rating is a combination of how it did compared to the company's claims and the color of the lipstick. The company didn't say much about the product other than it will have a moist finish. I mean it didn't have a matte finish so... but it also did not have a noticeable "moist" look. It doesn't feel sticky either so that's a plus. As for the color, if you look down below, the color looks like a really nice red color...which was what I was wanting but when I put it on it looked more pinkish than red. Far away (as you can tell by the pictures) it looks like the color I wanted, but up close, it looks more pinkish. It lasts a pretty long time too! That is if you're not constantly licking your lips, eating, or drinking. 


please excuse my ugly nails 


 What the company claims (found here):
Enriched with conditioning ingredients of Vitamins A & E and Aloe Vera for moist-looking lips.


I don't know if you can tell but if you look closely at the lipstick and my lips, the color doesn't really match


Doesn't it look more pink than red?

 Did it live up to what it is suppose to do?
  • Moist-looking lips:  I'll give it a check because it didn't have a totally opposite effect and was matte. It doesn't look noticeably moist though as I mentioned above. But you have pictures to look at yourself to be the judge! 
PROS:
  • Cheap cheap cheap!
  • Very smooth and a rich color (but make sure you blot or else it'll go everywhere!)
  • Isn't sticky
  • Feels kinda creamy
  • Lasts pretty long
CONS:
  • The color is a little off
Would I repurchase?

For a product that only cost me $0.99 at my local drug store...why not! I probably won't get the same color but i'll try the different ones they have. For something that costs that cheap, I'm pretty pleased with it.

Recommendations:

Using a lip brush would be ideal , if not just put some product in the middle of your lips and blend out. I found that if I just use the lipstick all over my lips, it's way too much product and it just gets messy. Make sure you blot too! It's not going to stay on your lips very long if you don't. I also recommend using a lip balm before putting this on.


I hope you liked my review! I have never reviewed a lipstick before. I do have a M.A.C one too... I have never spent so much on lip products buying that lipstick  but I really like it so no complaints!
What should I do for my next blog post? I found this picture of Ga In posing for NYLON and her makeup is gorgeous there! Maybe a makeup tutorial...?? More reviews?? Let me know my lovelies~!

Love,
 Rose
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.