Personal: Some life planning

Hello lovelies!
Did you guys miss me last Friday? Would you guys like to listen to my excuses again? ;;;
My boyfriend was out of town, which he is often due to his job. He was suppose to come back home on Wednesday but he didn't... which affected my mood quite a bit. I usually get all dolled up and what not and take photos on Thursday for the weekly post on Fridays. Not knowing when my boo was coming home, I literally laid on the couch mopping around from when I heard the news to when he finally came home the next day.... Yeah he came home on Thursday around noon. Making me look like a child crying around for nothing.
With all my mopping around and being a cry baby, I did not doll up at all. Instead I laid there in sweats, a sweater, bed head, and my ugly glasses.

But putting this little event aside, a couple of things has been happening to me and I thought I would share with you guys since I haven't really done a personal post to catch everyone up with what's been going on with my life (since everyone loves drama... lol jk I don't have drama in my life)

If you guys follow me on instagram (@gksql) you guys know I adopted a bunny about 3 weeks ago!



I believe she is a Chinchilla rabbit with some other things mixed into it. I'm not too sure and the previous owner didn't know either. But by the looks of her dewlap (which looks like rolls of extra fat or skin. this is completely normal in bunnies) below her chin, above her little front arms, and on her butt, along with the fur where when you blow on it, it makes a little ring. Her name is Ginger and is 5 years old. She is an oldie and still needs to get fixed so she can live a longer life. Did you know bunnies live up to 10 years? That's like as long as owning a dog!
But let me tell you... dogs are so much easier to take care of and I think is less expensive. For a bunny you have to be so so SO patient while training them (yeah, I know! You can train these little cuties). And since they don't bark and wag their tail or whimper, it's really hard to tell what they are feeling and what they are in the mood to tolerate.
Anyways, I'm not going to bore you guys with all the responsibilities it comes with being a bunny owner.
The reason my boo and I decided to get a bunny was 1.) because our landlord won't allow cats or dogs but gave us an okay on small caged animal (what they don't know is that Ginger is about 4.5lbs and she runs around the house freely like a dog) and 2.) It was a test on how well we would take care of it... like a baby... and trust me I have been babying that cute fatty so much that my boo even got jealous haha. Unfortunately, Ginger got GI stasis about a week ago which can be fatal for bunnies if it is not treated in 24hrs. This was really stressful for me because Justin was out of town and I was home.... and I don't drive. I ended up calling so many different vets, calling a taxi and spending around $300 that day. Even when I came home the stress wasn't over. Ginger was still very uncomfortable and very much in pain. I had to have the owner of this ONLY bunny rescue group  around my area to come and check up on Ginger. She gave Ginger some more stuff hoping that she will finally poop, along with lots and lots of tips to prevent another episode of the evil GI stasis. It was about 3am when Ginger starting hopping back and forth to her litter box. She even woke me up around 7 like she usually does! When I checked the litter box, it was filled with poop! Which for once I did not dread cleaning it up.
This emotional episode really showed me how much I was in love with Ginger already. I mean I wanted a bunny ever since I can remember but I love her sassy attitude along with all her fluffy fatness. I honestly thing the sassy attitude will tone down a bit after we get her fixed.

So that's a whole section on my baby, let me talk a little bit about myself.
The following Friday after I was being a big cry baby, we had made a promise to my mom to visit her up in Virginia for her birthday. So we packed our things (even Ginger came along) and headed off to see her. Ginger takes car rides surprisingly well and adjusted to my parents house very quickly, which took a lot of stress off my back. Knowing Ginger was comfortable and in a safe place, Justin and I hung out with my sisters for a bit and then all went to dinner with my parents.
We had Korean BBQ which Justin and I both haven't had in a while! When we got out of the car, Justin was acting a little strange... like nervous and what not. And then it hit me... he was going to propose. I knew he got the ring but I just didn't know when he was going to pop the big question. That evening, as I looked like poop with my carelessly done hair with a no makeup face, I immediately turned to him and said "you better not do it in front of my parents." 1.) I looked like poop and I told him months before that when he proposes I must be wearing makeup and a nice outfit. 2.) I just felt awkward with the thought of Justin asking the big question and sealing it with a kiss in front of my parents and sisters.
With that being said, he listened to me as our dinner came to an end. We went to another restaurant so my parents can have an appetizer and some beer. With our food ordered and what not, my mom says "Tonight is a very special night so I'm going to have to record this" and hold up her phone as Justin gets up out of his chair. I'm thinking oh my goodness is this really happening. Oh this is happening oh boy oh boy I thought as Justin got on one knee and presented this beautiful ring to me



At that time, I was nervous and everything just went by so fast. I forgot I looked like poop and that we were in front of our parents as Justin tried to ask me to marry him in Korean. Even though he may have butchered the pronunciation, the effort meant so much to me. Of course I said yes! and we sealed it with a kiss while all the strangers at the restaurant cheered (which was great it was like I was in a movie lol)

I haven't told any of my friend really, and I wasn't going to share this news (other than with family) until Justin and I got engagement photos done, but how can I contain myself from showing everyone this beautiful ring?
So another emotional event as happened! I am one step closer to being his Mrs. Now, I can sit here and talk about how I'm 19 and he is 26, how I am way too young, how the age difference is too high, how we are moving too fast, etc. It's honestly not worth the effort because I'll sound like a broken record and those who know me, knows that it was my dream since forever to get married at the age of 20 (which I'm turning this December), kids by 25, and be a stay at home mom with two cute little boys of my own. Justin and I decided to get legally married for now and save up for a summer wedding since most of my friends are college students this till give them time to come to the wedding without interfering with their school schedule.

With this life changing event, I had to get my priorities straight, meaning my dream of having beautiful children and being a stay at home mom v.s. going to college and focusing on my future career. A talk with Justin and a talk with my good friend Phil, I have decided to skip college and focus on having a family instead. Justin is on his way to getting promoted very soon and slowly but surely we are becoming more and more financially stable just with his income. I still think I'm way too young to have a kid right now and the thought of how my mom was actually pregnant at my age, it is kind of scary. I can honestly say that I am not ready for a kid yet (even though Justin is so so SOOOOO ready lol). So last night, Justin and I agreed that we will try for a baby once we get the car payment paid off, which he said will take another good 2 years. This gives us time to look for a house, save up, and get ready for babies!

So what am I going to do? I'm going to work. I much rather work than go to school anyways. I decided to look for a job as a teller at a bank! It pays decent and it'll basically be house decorating money/ shopping money for me.

I was quite hesitant about sharing the news of my engagement on my blog because some of my friends and not really friends read my posts. I don't mind my friends reading of course but my not so much friends.... I just don't like being talked about my life. You can talk bad about me and what I do and blah but I just don't like it when people talk about my personal life. But I wanted to share with my kind blog readers and supporters on what was going on in my life. I'm going to get all dolled up today for a review tomorrow so stay tuned!

Love,
Rose
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.