Skin Care Review: Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser


Hello lovelies! Happy Friday! 
I am here today with a skin care review! I have had this product for a while now and I thought I'd give it a good and detailed review. 
So, before we go into detail, let's see how it did overall:

Overall: ★ ★ ★  
Biore seems to be a popular brand among Japanese bloggers as a cheap and affordable brand. With that in mind, I went ahead and bought this cleanser. It does do some work as there is 2% salicylic acid, an acne fighting chemical. What I mean by "some work" is that it does dry up that pimple your face decided to grow. I recommend using this at night  so your sleeping body can work with the product to get rid of that nasty zit. In the morning, it will be still gross looking (it doesn't work miracles..) but it will have reduced in size and have dried up. This product leaves your face feeling squeaky clean and a nice cool feeling. The reason why I gave it 3 stars out of 5 was that it really does not live up to the hype the company gave it. It says it removes 99% of the dirt and oil but it is gentle enough to use everyday. I don't think those two statements should go together... the more of the natural oil you remove from your face everyday, the more your skin is going to hate you.


What the company claims:


  • Invigorates and cools as it removes over 99% of dirt and oil that can cause blemishes.
  •  liquid cleanser that helps to stop blemishes cold and leaves your skin feeling fresh and vibrant.
  • This formula, with an active blemish-fighting ingredient salicylic acid, helps stop blemishes and clear up blackheads.
  • Gentle enough for everyday use, effectively control blemishes and prevent future breakouts with this daily cleanser.


Did it live up to what it is suppose to do?
  • Removes over 99% of dirt and oil:  As you know, I am an average blogger who does not have access to labs to test this.  The test I have tried was using a toner. A toner is suppose to get rid of all the excess dirt your cleanser didn't clean or the dirt your skin picked up from using a used towel. For the past 2 weeks I have been using this every 3 days. I would wash my face with this, pat my face with a clean towel, leaving my skin a little damp. I then went in with my toner and my cotton pad. When I looked, the cotton pad was a little tinted from the dirt the cleanser missed . So I can't really say it got 99% of the dirt and oil out of my face and judging from that test and the feel of my skin, it probably did get a good 90% of the dirt  and oil out.
  • Stop blemishes cold and leaves your skin feeling fresh and vibrant: ✔+ Now, this wasn't a miracle worker as it does not stop blemishes right on the spot. It does "dry" the pimple you already have by the time you wake up the next morning, which means the product is working it's magic with the salicylic acid . The size of the pimple also seems reduce in size the next morning. As for leaving your skin feeling fresh and vibrant, I really do agree. Have you guys ever washed dishes by hand? Well if you have, its that same squeaky clean feeling your dishes have after the wash but on your face. The "cool" feeling the cleanser leaves behind definitely helps your skin feel fresh and clean from all that dirt your skin handled throughout the day 
  • Clears up blackheads: X  Honestly, I had no idea that the product was suppose to clear up my blackheads. I don't know why companies even bother putting this claim on there.... I have never seen a cleanser that clears up blackheads. Anyways, this is the same old same old with my experiences with cleansers saying that it clears up blackheads. The tiny little black needle points are still hanging out on my nose waiting to be pulled out by a nose mask.
  • Gentle enough for everyday use: X I have very sensitive skin and I suggest to all my sensitive skin beauties to take clear of using a product with salicylic acid everyday. You know what, just to be on the safe side, I don't think anyone should use a product with salicylic acid everyday. I learned this the hard way. I took the company's claim and used it every night when I first got it. By the end of the week, my cheeks, forehead, and chin were dry and shedding like crazy. I had to stop using the product for a long time and exfoliate every 3 days to make my skin come back to how it was normally. For my skin to recover from the flaky dryness took at least a month too... So don't risk it and do not use this product everyday.


PROS:

  • Leaves a "cool" feeling to your face
  • Your skin feels squeaky clean
  • A good cleanser to use every 2-3 days to help control blemishes (of course with consistency and time)
  • Cheap!
  • 2% of that hard working salicylic acid


CONS:
  • Is not a gentle cleanser that you can use everyday
  • The 2% salicylic acid is enough to damage your skin and dry it up if used everyday
  • Works very slowly to get rid of the pimples you already have

Would I repurchase?
The only other cleanser I used that was made to keep blemishes under control and prevent your skin from having new ones was St. Ives' Green Tea Cleanser (not the scrub) which happens to be a little cheaper but harder to find . I wish I can find it but it really works wonders on your skin. I bought this Biore cleanser for about $8.00 at CVS as a replacement. It's really affordable and I would repurchase if I still cannot get my hands on St. Ives' cleanser .

Recommendations:
Use it at night! Your skin will thank you for the little boost as it fights that yucky zit off your face. Also, do not use it everyday! Use it at max every other day. If you have sensitive skin like me, go for about every 3-4 days. You really do have to experiment though, your skin may not react the same day as my skin did.


Are you guys excited for the weekend? 

My boyfriend and I have lots planned... we are going to be so exhausted after this weekend is over . On Saturday we are going to a golf tournament my boyfriend signed up for, then going to meet up with a nice lady to adopt her 5 year old holland lop from her (which I am more than excited about ), then we have a wedding reception to attend to that night. On Sunday we are driving down to my boyfriend's parent's house to see if his step-grandpa can sell his car. 

How are your weekends looking like?
Thank you for reading! I hope my review has helped!
Love,
 Rose
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.